Grants and awards
Below are personal awards and grants that I have had the honour to receive, newest on top. For more information, see my personal page.
- Best Paper nomination at the 11th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2012) for The Not-So-Easy Task of Computing Class Subsumptions in OWL RL
- Winner of KIT Doctoral Award 2011 for Description Logic Rules in the area of Information, Communication, Organisation (one out of six areas in which the prize is awarded by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology each year).
- Textbook Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies selected by the American Library Association as an Outstanding Academic Title in 2010 (out of 7000 new books that have been reviewed in detail)
- Winner of 3rd prize at the 2010 Semantic Web Challenge for the entry Shortipedia (with Denny Vrandecic, Varun Ratnakar, Yolanda Gil)
- Best Paper Award for Efficient Inferencing for OWL EL at the 12th European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (JELIA 2010)
- do it.software-award 2007: third price of the 2007 do it software awards for Semantic MediaWiki (ISWC2006) (with Denny Vrandecic, York Sure, Rudi Studer)
- Finalist of Semantic Web Challenge 2006 for the entry Semantic MediaWiki (together with Denny Vrandecic, Max Völkel)
- Best Poster Award at 5th European Semantic Web Conference, ESWC 2006 (together with Max Völkel, Denny Vrandecic, Heiko Haller, Rudi Studer)
- Georg-Helm-Preis 2005: best Master's thesis in 2005; yearly award given to two or three graduates (Master's/PhD) of TU Dresden
- DAAD grant «Kurzfristige Studienaufenthalte zur Anfertigung einer Masterarbeit»: thesis research exchange grant of the German Academic Exchange Service, hosted by CWRU Cleveland
- Bestes Vordiplom 2002: award for best Computer Science pre-degree at TU Dresden (best grade point average)
enGrants and awards